Our People Are Everything
We believe in teamwork, because ideas can come from anyone. We know our differences make a difference. And that we can make the world better than it was yesterday by sharing our success.
AirAdvice for Homes Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AirAdvice for Homes is the premier IAQ program in the marketplace. Our mission is to enable contractors to quantify indoor air quality health, comfort, and safety issues in the home, and present equipment solutions to the homeowner. We constantly improve our program through continuous investment in sensor technology, reports, and contractor training.
Contractor Support Manager - Portland, OR
AirAdvice for Homes seeks a dynamic, self-motivated professional to support our customer success through training. Our customer base is quickly growing and ongoing support for our existing customers is paramount. This position is part of the Contractor Team located in Portland, Oregon.
About Us: AirAdvice for Homes has been manufacturing professional-grade indoor air quality monitors in the Pacific Northwest for over 20 years and we are the premier IAQ program in the marketplace. AirAdvice for Homes provides an indoor air quality testing platform that enables contractors to identify and quantify IAQ issues in homes, and provide solutions that ensure a healthy indoor environment. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has never been as important as it is today due to COVID-19. Our platform is primarily used by contractors, but also by doctors, research institutions and the US government, throughout North America and beyond. The AirAdvice office is small, with the energy of a start-up, but with the experience of a company that has been in business for over 20 years.
Position Description: The Contractor Support Manager is a part of the Contractor Team in Portland, Oregon and is responsible for overall management of customer account base which includes:
- Serving base of existing customers and increase customer retention.
- Utilize reporting in Salesforce and internal tools to best understand opportunities for support.
- Mine customer base for outreach, training, and growth opportunities.
- Conduct screen-share coaching and training for AirAdvice contractors.
- Business development coaching for existing contractors as it pertains to AirAdvice.
- Report to team on status and trends, and progress, and needs of customer base.
- Occasional travel to support trade shows, conferences, onsite training.
- Improve data quality of Salesforce.
- Recommend improvements to Salesforce to maximize our efficiency in meeting retention goals.
- Phone-based training and technical support, coaching.
- Assist existing ServiceTitan customers with integration of their AirAdvice reports.
- Engage customers via phone/email.
- Provide occasional blog content for AirAdvice mass communication.
- Work with team on improvements to overall support services and program delivery.
- You can prioritize tasks in order of importance and work independently.
- You are team-oriented, and people you’ve worked with have great things to say about you.
- You have excellent phone presence with the ability to communicate effectively in a professional, friendly manner via phone, and you’re an effective communicator, both and oral and written.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite: PowerPoint, Word, Excel. You’re self-motivated, possess organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- You’re enthusiastic about indoor air quality science, creating awareness about indoor air quality, and driven to support the mission of AirAdvice and the customers we serve.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience/understanding of HVAC industry.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.
- Experience supporting contractors.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Knowledge of building science principles.
- Knowledge of indoor air quality is a plus.
Start Date: Position open until filled.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Compensation/Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits package includes medical/dental, vacation package, and 401(K).
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
AirAdvice for Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.